martinlittle.com:thinkThin

thinkThin|archives|comments|gallery|unwired|guestbook|wiki|contact|about

If technology doesn't seem like magic, it's probably obsolete

I'm finding less time to update my blog these days, but my flickr photostream is often updated.

Playing in my house right now...

At 00:00 GMT on Thursday I was listening to:

More of what I've been listening to

Latest pictures from my phone

www.flickr.com
More pictures from my phone

Monday April 18 2005 at 10:27 GMT [via mobile]

Yesterday\'s marathon was incredible, and something that will stay with me forever.

My time was about 4hrs 26mins which was slower than I\'d wanted in my secret plan (sub-4hrs was the goal), but the weather was too much for me. Not rain & cold, but too much sun! My shoulders, neck & head are all bright red and I had sunstroke last night. Back on track today, though.

Yesterday's marathon was incredible, and something that will stay with me forever. My time was about 4hrs 26mins which was slower than I'd wanted in my secret plan (sub-4hrs was the goal), but the weather was too much for me. Not rain & cold, but too much sun! My shoulders, neck & head are all bright red and I had sunstroke last night. Back on track today, though. HUGE thanks to my brother, my parents, Al & Ann for turning out to cheer me on, and special thanks to Hazel for looking after me last night, too. Time for sightseeing now.

Comments

wow! well done :)
shauna | Monday April 18 at 12:20 GMT | Web| Comment permalink

Excellent, well done. Did you earn the bonus I pledged?
John Robinson | Monday April 18 at 12:35 GMT| Comment permalink

Result! Very well done indeed. Didn't see you on TV though.
dwlt | Monday April 18 at 12:58 GMT | Web| Comment permalink

Congrats. I actually checked out your time last night on the Flora site. I knew you would struggle in the sun as you, like me, have pathetic translucent Scottish skin. I didn't make it up to see you as the crowds were insane, and I am not much of a crowd person. Still, we watched Paula have a pee on telly, and kept our eyes open (in vain) for you. Congratulations! Good time considering the weather. What is next?
Grant Baxter | Monday April 18 at 14:15 GMT| Comment permalink

Congratulations Martin! Very well done!
Jaya | Monday April 18 at 17:36 GMT| Comment permalink

Awesome! Congratulations, mate!
eric | Monday April 18 at 18:33 GMT| Comment permalink

Fabulous!! I'm so proud of you... I knew you could do it! Congratulations! Do your feet hurt? Mine do just thinking about your run. You're an inspiration.... yet I think I'll stick to my "5 mph at 1.0 incline" on the treadmill for now :-)
Nazar | Monday April 18 at 20:52 GMT| Comment permalink

Absolutely wonderful. Congrats on the run!!! :)
Josette | Wednesday April 20 at 14:54 GMT| Comment permalink

Well done, great job indeed
Neil | Friday April 22 at 20:42 GMT| Comment permalink

Congratulations Martin! As I´d say to my little one Alex, you did a great job! :-)
Ana | Wednesday April 27 at 22:23 GMT| Comment permalink

Well done Martin. You will have to think what your next challenge will be!!
Gavin Litchfield | Thursday April 28 at 09:28 GMT | Web| Comment permalink

Name and email address are required; email address will NOT be displayed.
Name:
Email:
Web site (optional):
Comment:
Type the word thinkthin in the box, or else your comment will not be added. Type very carefully, 'cos if it's mistyped, you'll lose your comment:

Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS! [Valid RSS] GeoURL