It’s been AGES since I did one of these quick wrap-up posts, so here goes:
- Chicken Out, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s campaign for increased awareness of where our chickens come from gives some food for thought(!). There’s some nice recipes too plus this one on the River Cottage site.
- still with food, the River Cottage site has a great local food finder.
- R.E.M. have their first ever official live album out with some tantalising tracks on there.
- Stereogum are celebrating R.E.M.’s Automatic for the People album being 15 years old, with a free and downloadable album of covers called Drive XV. There’s a lot of comment and interesting stuff attached to the tracks including comment from Mike Mills, R.E.M.’s bassist. Well worth the listen.
- if you’ve ever wondered what happens at the Edinburgh Rat Race, you can now find out thanks to a nice DVD by DreamTeamTV (or by asking someone who recorded it from TV a few weeks ago 😉 ). I’m in it for at least half a second. Dates for the 2008 races in Bristol, Edinburgh and London are now on the site, with some new events promised to be announced soon.
- according to Tom, the International Space Station should be visible with the naked eye tonight over Edinburgh. Here’s the full detail. Enter your own location to see when it will be flying over you.
Time to get out of work and enjoy the weekend!